|Messrs Stephens, Blandy, Barnett, Butler & Co.
|101||189||Order||Black, mauve underprint||Blades, East & Blades||RO||Unused||£10-12|
Stephens, Blandy, Barnett, Butler & Co., Reading
Formed in 1791 as Micklem, Stephens, Simonds & Harris. The founding partners were closely linked with local industry and commerce. John Micklem was a draper, John Stephens and William Simonds were brewers, and Robert Harris was a mealman. In 1814 William Simonds withdrew to form a new Reading bank, Simonds & Nicholson. The firm was renamed Stephens, Harris & Stephens. The Blandy family joined the partnership in 1841 and the firm was restyled Stephens, Blandy & Blandy. They were a family of brewers and solicitors. Branches were opened in Maidenhead (1842), Marlow (1869) and Bracknell (1872). In 1899 the business was acquired by Lloyds Bank.