|Messrs Green, Tomkinson & Lloyd, 32 Nicholas Lane|
|101||18||Order||Black, Lloyd deleted in red||–||CO||Used||£12-15|
Green, Tomkinson & Lloyd, London
First mention of this discount house as Green Tomkinson & Co. made in 1870. Henry Lloyd, son of R.H.Lloyd of Barnetts, Hoares, Hanburys & Lloyds was admitted as a partner in January 1872. Henry Lloyd retired in January 1876 and was succeeded by Francis Fenwick and the name reverted to Green, Tomkinson & Co. Tomkinson became a partner in Williams & Co., Old Bank Chester in 1879 but left his capital standing in this firm. The partnership was wound up in July 1891. John Green joined the board of the Union Discount Company at the same time. The firm however seemed to keep trading for some years under the same name but the last mention of them was in newspapers of October 1897. Many references however state that the bank was taken over by the Union Discount Company in 1891.