Wakefield, Crewdson & Co., Kendal Bank
Established in 1788 as two separate banks – Maude, Wilson & Crewdson Bank and Wakefield’s Bank. The Carlisle Branch was sold to the Carlisle & Cumberland District Banking Co. in 1837. Both firms prospered and in 1840 they amalgamated under the title Wakefield Crewdson & Company. Amalgamated with the Bank of Liverpool Limited in 1893.