Northamptonshire Union Bank (Limited)
Established in 1836 with Head Office in Northampton. Conversion of the private banking business of John & Samuel Percival. The Northampton and Wellingborough branches became part of the new bank, but the Towcester branch remained as Towcester Old Bank, a separate private bank to avoid compromising the new bank’s ability to issue banknotes. In 1839 the bank acquired Hall & Co of Daventry. The bank assumed limited liability in 1880. Acquired by the National Provincial and Union Bank of England Limited in 1920.