|Southampton – Head Office|
|101||189||Order||Grey, buff paper||Blades, East & Blades||RO||Unused||£10-12|
Grant & Maddison’s Union Banking Company Limited
Formed in 1888 through the amalgamation of Maddison, Atherley & Co. (est. 1869) of Southampton, and Grant, Gilman & Long (est. 1787) of Portsmouth. Initially branches opened in Southampton, Portsmouth High Street and Gosport. The bank went on to open further branches in Commercial Road, Portsmouth (1888), Lyndhurst (1893), North End, Portsmouth (1897) and Avenue, Southampton (1900). Taken over by Lloyds Bank in 1903.