Alexanders & Co., Ipswich
Founded in 1744.
Woodbridge branch established in 1804 which was combined with the business of Riches, Collett & Co. in 1805 to become Alexanders & Collett. After 1826 it again became part of Alexanders of Ipswich.
Alexanders & Co., Ipswich & Needham Market, 1854
Alexanders, Maw & Co., in 1874.
Taken over by Gurneys in 1878 to become Gurneys, Alexanders & Co.
One of the 20 private banks that came together to form Barclay & Co Ltd in 1896.